Saturday, July 2, 2011

"Are we there yet?"

Yep... if you want to go somewhere new with someone and get lost? Bring me. It'll happen.

So far the "lost count" is 6. These aren't just little fuck ups either, these are times I've gotten lost for at least an hour, wandered aimlessly and had to get a cab back to safety.

I decided to take a bus from Brigham back to my apt in Brookline; a fairly simple journey. But, being Captain Lostalot, I was determined to screw it up in any way possible. I hopped on the bus and began my ride. I was on it for about 20 mins when I saw a 7Eleven. I thought, "Oh, I better get off here because that looks like the 7Eleven where I got my Slurpee this morning." Nope. It was one of the other 75 7Elevens in Boston. I wasn't even in the same town as I started out in. I saw my bus circling back around to go the other way, but being too full of pride I walked on by it like I knew exactly where I was going. I forgot to mention that it was 28 degrees out. And, I was wearing a tie. And, I had our monstrous bookbag on. I was gross. I kept walking and ended up in no other place but Chinatown. I stopped into a store to ask directions and I left more confused. So, I called a cab to bring me home. $27.

Today, I figured what better a way to spend my day off than by going to a nice mall in Cambridge! It's so nice there. Harvard and MIT were next door (their campuses are unreal!). There was a nice river where all the Harvard boys (heller der!) practiced their rowing and MIT guys (haii!) did their sailing. It was just really nice. But, first I should probably tell you about how I got here...

I debated getting a cab, but figured I would save the $20 and get the T (after getting a slurpee, of course!). I hopped on the T and made it to my first destination without trouble. But, here's where Captain Lostalot decided he would burst on the effing scene. Got on the wrong T line and ended up so far out of town that I had to get off the train. Where do you think I was? No other place than the motha effing "HOOD." Here I was, 'very' white boy, bright and colourful t-shirt, and a dumb look on his face parading around the hood looking for a cab. After seeing a group of very angry looking men with shorts down to their ankles and "do rags" on, I fled like a wild chicken back to the T station and desperately asked for help to get to Cambridge. But, of course there was no one there. So, I hopped on another train that took me even further away. Anyways, I ended up getting a cab while watching a girl fight another girl (I believe one of their names were "Shawty" or "Shanty" not sure). She called me a "kracker" as I was getting into the cab. Thank Eff U C K that I didn't get tangled up in her weave. $50 cab to Cambridge.

So, I celebrated my new birth by shopping. It was fun. I looked around MIT's campus and cabbed (yes I took the effing cab this time) and came back to my apt. My BP is down from about 360/220.

It's good to be alive!

Coming home a little earlier now because I couldn't get anything scheduled past July 7th! So, I'll be home on the 6th after I see an aortic repair in the cardiac OR Wednesday AM.

Look forward to some interesting blogs after tomorrow night and an overnight in "Acute MGH" on the 4th of July! AHHH!!! (that's me being excited to see "Shawty" again).

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment