Thursday, June 30, 2011

"I really am sorry, Mmhmmm.."

What is up with people in this city making weird noises like "Mmmhmmm" and "Yaaa...unhuh..."??

Anyways, so this post will not include anything medical because my shift today was cancelled. Awesome? No. So, I get up at 5:30am, get a cab to Brigham and walk into the ER with (I'll call her) "Shelly." She is the observation coordinator. We go into Charlie Pod to find team Orange1, who I'll be with today. We get there and we find out that my attending had switched shifts the day before and now there was a new attending who already had a student. This was scheduled by "Shelly." She apologized awkwardly, literally about 20-30 times, always followed by "Mmmhmmm." We walked back to her office where she scheduled me in for a double shift tomorrow. Yay? Yes.

This ER has just undergone some massive renovations - it's like something out of the future. It's hard to describe, but it's all glass and computers are everywhere, built into the walls, etc. The nursing staff seemed really friendly, so I am hoping for a good time tomorrow.

Shelly is kinda weird. I met her in the lobby to get my "Observer" badge she handmade for me. I figured she would look professional, wearing a skirt or dress pants with a blazer. Nope, she was wearing a HUMUNGOUS straw hat with jeans up to her ta ta's and above her ankles. As we went outside she places a mask over her face (a homemade beige cloth one) because she said there are too many toxins in the air for her. Well Jesus H, save me now.

So, I try and find my way home. I got lost twice. Not just a little lost, but so lost that I wasn't sure if I was even in Boston anymore. I saw something which looked familiar to me, a 7Eleven. So, I anxiously hopped off the bus and started walking to it. Nope, not the same 7Eleven. So I get on another bus and it takes me even further away. So, I got off at some random residential area and awkwardly called a cab. I took me 45 mins to get home in the cab, which amounted to a total travel home time of about 3 hours. Awesome day.

I came home and slept for 6 hours. Now I will watch funny youtube videos to pass the time until I can actually get into the ER tomorrow! Hopefully some exciting stories for you tomorrow!

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment